Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » launcher.openFile not working on RCP
launcher.openFile not working on RCP [message #1091777] Thu, 22 August 2013 00:26 Go to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
The command line argument --launcher.openFile, for opening a given file, is not working on my RCP. I tried setting it in a .ini file with

--launcher.defaultAction
openFile

but it didn't work. I also tried calling explicitly from the command line with

myRCP --launcher.openFile foo.txt

and it also didn't work.

Other command line arguments seem to work fine. For example, I use -data to set the workspace directory. I also defined a few arguments for my RCP and treat them in a class implementing IStartup.

I don't even know where the problem could be. Any suggestions?
Re: launcher.openFile not working on RCP [message #1092222 is a reply to message #1091777] Thu, 22 August 2013 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
After digging about launcher.openFile I found the answer: the app name and the launcher name must be the same.

The former is set in the product extension point (org.eclipse.core.runtime.products), as the appName property. The latter is simply the name of the executable, with a capital initial. So, I must either supply a -name command line argument to match the appName or (more sensibly) change the appName in the plugin.xml.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2013 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: launcher.openFile not working on RCP [message #1817032 is a reply to message #1091777] Thu, 14 November 2019 10:59 Go to previous message
satish Chinthanippu is currently offline satish ChinthanippuFriend
Can you please share me this code. I need this
Previous Topic:Starting Perspective
Next Topic:openFile operation does not work for one of our product based on eclipse RCP.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:51:26 GMT 2024