Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Line Chart Functionality(Single Chart to display 5 times for 5 different time periods)
Line Chart Functionality [message #1090118] Mon, 19 August 2013 18:37 Go to next message
Raghu P is currently offline Raghu PFriend
Hi,

I have a challenging requirement where I have to show line chart for one timeperiod at once and if user selects other time period that is placed above the chart like shown in the screen shots below then he should be able to see the data for that chart only for that particular time period.
So, I have like 5 time periods that user can select in front end and when the report is generated by default the chart will show data for one time period at one time and when he clicks on next time period he should see similar chart with data related to that time period.
Can we accommodate this by using single line chart and that triggers when clicked on each different time period.

I have no idea on this type of things..can some one please help me out.

Please find the attached screen shots and report.
Re: Line Chart Functionality [message #1090736 is a reply to message #1090118] Tue, 20 August 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can some one please give me the inputs for this.
Re: Line Chart Functionality [message #1091892 is a reply to message #1090736] Thu, 22 August 2013 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You should be able to create all five charts in your report design, then each label would be a HTML text box that would have a hyperlink that would call a function you have in html script tags in another text box that would locate each chart by id (bookmark in property editor becomes id in html output) and hide/show it. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need a better explanation or example.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Line Chart Functionality [message #1100916 is a reply to message #1091892] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Can you please post me an example.
Re: Line Chart Functionality [message #1100979 is a reply to message #1100916] Tue, 03 September 2013 21:46 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/509197/

It gives an example that is very similar to what you're wanting, only with check boxes. It hides/shows different charts based on what is selected. You could also do a single chart and use the hyperlinks at the top to re-call the report, passing a parameter to determine what range of data the chart shows.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Pass dataset value to BirtNavigationBar.js
Next Topic:Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 09:49:43 GMT 2024