Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT Project(Invalid project path)
CDT Project [message #1090073] Mon, 19 August 2013 17:16 Go to next message
Ivan Evstegneev is currently offline Ivan EvstegneevFriend
Hello everyone,

Recently installed Eclipse (Kepler)... Ok will provide some more info about that:
I downloaded Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Devepores. As I can understand you don't actually need to install it.. just run an *.exe file. Am I right?

My problem,or actually a question I would like to ask, is about some sort of warning message, when I open my new C project.

While opening the New C Project I have two tool-chains to use: "Cross GCC" or "Microsoft Visual C++".

According to WIKI I need to prefer the "Cross GCC" in all cases:"unless I'll develop my own OS".

So now to the point:
When using Cross GCC I get this error message:
Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
Description Resource Path Location Type
Program "gcc" not found in PATH project [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

The second problems is:

When using a Microsoft Visual tool-chain, I get this one:
Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
Description Resource Path Location Type
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\gl). project pathentry Path Entry Problem

Now about those "Discovery options", I googled those problems a little I found some sort of solution,but, guys I don't actually have those options in my Kepler, here is some print-screen image:
://s23.postimg.org/p8xqq87tn/eclipse_pref.jpg

So, I don't have any as you can see. Maybe these settings moved to other place?

In any case any help will be greatly appreciated, I would like to know what is the meaning of those errros and how can I fix them.

Thanks a lot,

Ivan.
Because I'm new out here and I have posted only this message, I can't add pictures from other sites, here link to my print screen -> ://s23.postimg.org/p8xqq87tn/eclipse_pref.jpg just add an "http" before.
Re: CDT Project [message #1090726 is a reply to message #1090073] Tue, 20 August 2013 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Please read http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm&cp=9_0

Then install MinGW toolchain and select it in Eclipse.

Quote:
According to WIKI I need to prefer the "Cross GCC" in all cases:"unless I'll develop my own OS".

That is utter nonsense. You need "Cross GCC" if you want to develop an application that is for a system that is different from your host system (e.g. arm-linux on Windows)

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: CDT Project [message #1091548 is a reply to message #1090726] Wed, 21 August 2013 16:44 Go to previous message
Ivan Evstegneev is currently offline Ivan EvstegneevFriend
Hello,

Thanks a lot Axel!

Now all works like charm, no warnings or errors etc..

Could you, provide some brief explanation about those warnings I had before?

Ivan.

P.S. here is the link, regardless Cross GCC: wiki.osdev.org/Why_do_I_need_a_Cross_Compiler%3F . They may mislead people like me.
Previous Topic:eclipse with cunit testing in windows
Next Topic:How to collect list of functions from a C file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:30:11 GMT 2024