Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Extending MultiMode(Best design do inherit MultiMode)
Extending MultiMode [message #1086015] Tue, 13 August 2013 17:32 Go to next message
Giscard Faria is currently offline Giscard FariaFriend
Hi folks,

We intend to use WindowBuilder in order to design forms using a proprietary UI Toolkit. The first differente from the Swing/AWT is the EditorPage.

Swing/SWT consist of both DesignPage and SourcePage; however we will need an extra one since our form is binded to a text file - let´s call it ".frm" file.

Basically we will have the DesignPage which is direct related to the frm file; also an extra java SourcePage is necessary so we could generate the java code. I would like to make clear that DesignPage IS NOT bound to the java source code, the direct relation is to the text file.

Looking at the MultiMode I saw only support for two panes (source/design). I'm trying to get the best approach to achive my goals.

Do I have to extend de IMultiMode in order to support "three pages", or I can just perform like XWT and add a new binding one? What is the pros/cons of each one?

Also, I am concerned if it is necessary to extend the SourcePage ou IEditorPage in order to provide my frm Page, or is a best approach use the SourePage itself.

PS: I am caring about create documents for all "extension" procedure. I hope I can contribute to the communite with a tutorial later.

Thanks and Regards.
Re: Extending MultiMode [message #1086981 is a reply to message #1086015] Thu, 15 August 2013 01:38 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Well, WindowBuilder expect that Source and Design pages ARE synchronized.
But it is only in that way that if there are changes in Source and you switch to Design, your form will be reparsed.
So, if you actually update other page, not Source, Design page will not be updated.

You can add a new page using org.eclipse.wb.core.designPageFactories extension point.

See org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.checkDependenciesOnDesignPageActivation() and EditorActivatedListener broadcast too see how to force reparsing on other event than Source page change.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Official documentation on how to extend the WB
Next Topic:Creating New UI Toolkit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:51:47 GMT 2024