Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Is it possible to name two classes in a command handler?
Is it possible to name two classes in a command handler? [message #1083104] Fri, 09 August 2013 13:28 Go to next message
Chris Boerger is currently offline Chris BoergerFriend
I just started a new company/project that is moving from Swing to RCP/SWT. I'm reviewing some of the code changes they've started making and noticed this interesting tidbit:

<handler
class="xxx.WrappedActionDelegatingHandler:xxx.MyCreateAction"
commandId="xxx.myCommandId">

I've run the application and both classes are indeed called. I haven't delved too deeply into how they are both called but I've never seen this done before.

Is it expected behaviour that both classes are called? I can't find any RCP documentation on this behaviour. Or is the application I'm looking at done something nonstandard somewhere else in the code? (This is a very large, multi-tiered application. Digging through the guts is currently difficult.)
Re: Is it possible to name two classes in a command handler? [message #1088094 is a reply to message #1083104] Fri, 16 August 2013 15:14 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Chris,

This is how to pass a command parameter. I guess in the "guts" there is a call to that specific class.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_Command_Framework#Executing_a_command_with_parameters

Cheers,

Wim
Previous Topic:Calling RCP Application from a eclipse plugin
Next Topic:Is it possible to have tabs on top and on bottom to switch views?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:59:30 GMT 2024