Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse 3.8 PDT Formatting(Code formatting seems broken)
Eclipse 3.8 PDT Formatting [message #1082517] Thu, 08 August 2013 17:33 Go to next message
Mee Too is currently offline Mee TooFriend
When formatting a page (ctrl-shift-f) the result is a format nothing as it was before. Extra lines are added, where I once had the code lined up on the equal signs is now gone. I am aware of the Preferences->PHP->Code Style->Formatter and created a new profile and tried to adjust. However, the format is just not right.... What happened?

Can I remove or go to an older format style? If so can some one recommend how to install (Import) a new format style?

Thanks in advance,
Re: Eclipse 3.8 PDT Formatting [message #1082747 is a reply to message #1082517] Fri, 09 August 2013 01:31 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
About the case which you probably described in Bug 410249 Code Formatter conflicting with comments helpers of Code Assist,

Quote:

/**
* Test comment blah, blah, blah
*@param
*@param
*/

Ctrl/shift-f

/**
*@param
*@param
*/

Ctrl/shift-f (Again)

/**
*@param
*@param
*/

I can nearly reproduce this behaviour, however, this is caused by invalid document. @param requires a name.
/**
*@param
*@param
*/
This must be
/**
*@param name type description
*@param name
*/

If you dislike the formatter, remove org.eclipse.php.formatter.* in eclipse/plugins folder at your own risk.

(though this is off-topic, probably you are using Zend Eclipse PDT, I don't support it)
Previous Topic:Start PHP debugging
Next Topic:Problem with background-image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:29:49 GMT 2024