Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Transform SVG-XML to Ecore-Model
Transform SVG-XML to Ecore-Model [message #1080007] Mon, 05 August 2013 11:01 Go to next message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi!

I want to transform with ETL a SVG model given by an xml file to some DSL model for which I have an Ecore metamodel. I am only aware of using ETL for transformations with ecore metamodels, but for SVG I do not have such an ecore metamodel. Do anyone know, how I still can perform this transformation with ETL?
Sure I could of course query the xml file with EOL (like in the EOL examples) without knowing its metamodel, but I think it is nicer to work with ETL directly.

Best regards,
Alex.
Re: Transform SVG-XML to Ecore-Model [message #1080024 is a reply to message #1080007] Mon, 05 August 2013 11:26 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Alex,

You can pass a plain XML document as a source model to ETL. When adding a model to your ETL run configuration, just pick "plain XML document" instead of "EMF Model" and specify the path to the .xml file.

Alternatively, you could use the XML Schema description in the SVG spec to generate an EMF model and then use .svg files as EMF models, but that would be quite a bit more work.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Previous Topic:How to remove corners of the EditPartFigure
Next Topic:examples how to run them
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:01:08 GMT 2024