Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Installing fragment depending on the versions of already installed bundles
Installing fragment depending on the versions of already installed bundles [message #1077862] Fri, 02 August 2013 08:37
Mikael Barbero is currently offline Mikael BarberoFriend
Dear p2 users,

I have a bundle say "B1", and two fragments "F1" and "F2". The goal of those 3 artifacts is to provide a functionality on top of "B2". B2 exists in two versions 1.0 and 2.0 (API break). F1 implements the functionality of B1 against the API 1.0 version of B2 and F2 does the same against the 2.0 version. B2's API is not exported from B1, it's for internal usage only.

I would like to offer only one feature "Feat" from my update site. The problem is then how to tell to p2 to install Feat=B1+F1 if B2 is already installed (or available from the repository) in version 1.0 or Feat=B1+F2 if B2 is available in version 2.0. Previously in similar situations, I had created 2 features and I tend to think it is avoidable.

Do you know how I would achieve such a thing? To me, it's a little bit like platform filters but for already installed bundles. I suspect that "requires.#.matchExp" in p2.inf files could help, but I don't find lot of examples/documentation about it.

Best regards,

Mikael Barbero
Obeo

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2013 08:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Auto start bundles programmaticly
Next Topic:Ant task p2.composite.repository append flag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:32:29 GMT 2024