Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL] Method 'add' not found
[ETL] Method 'add' not found [message #1076686] Wed, 31 July 2013 18:44 Go to next message
kwaku sandy is currently offline kwaku sandyFriend
Given the attached target metamodel(CHTS), running the following ETL rule gives the error message:
Method 'add' not found

index.php/fa/15796/0/
rule Statemachine2System
	transform s : FORML!Statemachine
	to cs : CHTS!System, h: CHTS!Hts {
		h.name = s.name;
		cs.hts.add(h);
	}

Please what am i doing wrong. I want to transform each Statemachine (s) in my source to a System (cs) in my target, and create an Hts(h) which is contained in the created System (i.e add the created Hts, h, to the relation, hts).
I'm still a beginner to ETL so forgive me if i'm doing something silly here.
Thanks
  • Attachment: add.PNG
    (Size: 10.73KB, Downloaded 350 times)
Re: [ETL] Method 'add' not found [message #1076690 is a reply to message #1076686] Wed, 31 July 2013 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

No problem. hts is a single-valued reference so your add() statement should be cs.hts = h instead.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Wed, 31 July 2013 18:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ETL] Method 'add' not found [message #1076701 is a reply to message #1076690] Wed, 31 July 2013 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kwaku sandy is currently offline kwaku sandyFriend
Thanks a lot Dimitris, you have no idea how long i've spent on this issue. Have been sitting here whole day trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong. I didn't want to just post any small problem i find on the forum without figuring things out myself first.
Aside the Epsilon book is there any other source i can read on ETL with examples?

Thanks again. Really appreciate all the work you're doing.
Sandy
Re: [ETL] Method 'add' not found [message #1076733 is a reply to message #1076701] Wed, 31 July 2013 19:51 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Sandy,

You're welcome. There's a couple of examples on the Epsilon website [1, 2] but we clearly need to add more.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tree2graph
[2] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.oo2db
Previous Topic:Property view error: Exeed?
Next Topic:How to remove corners of the EditPartFigure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:16:52 GMT 2024