Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships
[EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships [message #1076369] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:14 Go to next message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi!

It seems for me that the roles in the patterns are checked by the type-of relationship.
Consider the pattern

pattern MyPattern
   obj  : SomeType,
   obj2 : A

where I have the types "SomeType", "A" and "B", s.t. "B" is a subtype of "A".

If "obj.elements" is a collection of instances of type B then the pattern is not applied, because it seems to me that the type-of relationship is checked in the role. Is it possible to modify this to a kind-of relationship role checking without writing everything down in a "match" clause and checking manually to "isKindOf(...)"?

I also tried to write "Any" instead of "A" in the role, but I get an error, that "Any" is not a meta-class in my model.

Best regards,
Alex.
Re: [EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships [message #1076382 is a reply to message #1076369] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reporting this. I've filed a bug report [1] and fixed this in the SVN. A new interim version should follow shortly.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=414106
Re: [EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships [message #1077861 is a reply to message #1076382] Fri, 02 August 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alex,

This has been fixed in the latest interim version.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships [message #1079160 is a reply to message #1076369] Sun, 04 August 2013 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi Dimitris!

There is an interim update for Kepler. Is there also an update for Juno available or will it appear later?

Best regards,
Alex.
Re: [EPL] type-of vs. kind-of relationships [message #1080629 is a reply to message #1079160] Tue, 06 August 2013 07:29 Go to previous message

Hi Alex,

The Kepler interim update site should also work for Juno. The only caveat is that if you need the "EMF Model Comparison for EUnit" feature you'll need to install the latest version of EMF Compare first as there have been breaking changes in this project between Juno and Kepler.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:examples how to run them
Next Topic:[Eugenia] Problem with recursive phantom objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:46:43 GMT 2024