Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Property view error: Exeed?
Property view error: Exeed? [message #1076088] Tue, 30 July 2013 17:36 Go to next message
kwaku sandy is currently offline kwaku sandyFriend
Hi Guys,
So i've been battling with this error since yesterday and it seems not to be going anywhere. I really need help with this.
Anytime i open an EMF model editor from epsilon, i get the following error. I think the problem is coming from the property view. Because when i try to create an instance of my emf metamodel using the EMF model editor from epsilon i'm not able to edit the properties from the property view. The it throws the below exception and the property view is empty.
Even if i open and EMF model from the epsilon provided examples (e.g. the tree.model in the etl examples folder) i get this exception.
It was working previously and all of a sudden this problem started.
I'm guessing the problem is coming from the exceed editor so i uninstalled and reinstalled the Epsilon Development Tools for EMF feature but the problem still remains.

Error log below, thanks a lot.

eclipse.buildId=M20130204-1200
java.version=1.7.0_21
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

Error
Tue Jul 30 13:21:18 EDT 2013

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench".

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: propertySheetPage
at org.eclipse.epsilon.dt.exeed.ExeedEditor.getPropertySheetPage(ExeedEditor.java:219)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.dt.exeed.ExeedActionBarContributor.setActiveEditor(ExeedActionBarContributor.java:88)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorActionBars.partChanged(EditorActionBars.java:342)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.updateActivations(WorkbenchPage.java:261)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$15(WorkbenchPage.java:243)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$E4PartListener.partActivated(WorkbenchPage.java:172)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl$2.run(PartServiceImpl.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.firePartActivated(PartServiceImpl.java:191)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.activate(PartServiceImpl.java:596)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.activate(PartServiceImpl.java:549)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.activate(PartServiceImpl.java:538)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3052)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$22(WorkbenchPage.java:2969)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2951)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2947)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2911)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2902)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:655)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:614)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:360)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:167)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:249)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:228)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:275)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:376)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:538)
at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:866)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:864)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1152)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:275)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:269)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:309)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Re: Property view error: Exeed? [message #1076140 is a reply to message #1076088] Tue, 30 July 2013 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

It's hard to tell what may be going wrong here - particularly given that this worked fine for you on a clean setup. Would it be an option to download a fresh copy of the Epsilon distribution and import your projects there?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Property view error: Exeed? [message #1076191 is a reply to message #1076140] Tue, 30 July 2013 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using the Model Transformation Chain(MTC) Flow to do a source code to source code transformation. So my eclipse installation has various tools including Epsilon. It will take some time to re-install everything all over again but i guess i might not have any option but to do this.
Anyway thanks a lot for all your quick responses. I appreciate them.
Re: Property view error: Exeed? [message #1076355 is a reply to message #1076191] Wed, 31 July 2013 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

While you're rebuilding your Eclipse installation it may be worth trying Exeed after each installation step to see if you can identify which tool appears to be interfering with it, and let us know so that we can investigate.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Property view error: Exeed? [message #1076674 is a reply to message #1076355] Wed, 31 July 2013 18:28 Go to previous message
Sure i would let you know if i find the source of the problem
Previous Topic:Best way to realize constraints in meta model
Next Topic:[ETL] Method 'add' not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:11:22 GMT 2024