Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Run configurations
Run configurations [message #1074708] Sat, 27 July 2013 14:25 Go to next message
Stavros Kallenos is currently offline Stavros KallenosFriend
Hello i have different configurations in my program for different egl files. Now lets say a user want to add his model and run a specific configuration. Is there something that i can create a button or even when he clicks to his model to lunch the specifics configurations rather than creating a configuration?
Assume that the user has never use eclipse and i want to make his life easier with only few clicks.

Thanks in advance
Re: Run configurations [message #1075130 is a reply to message #1074708] Sun, 28 July 2013 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Stavro,

One option would be to add an action to the context menu of your model files (see Example 3 of [1]) and call EGL from it programmatically as demonstrated in [2].

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-action-contribution/index.html
[2] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone
Re: Run configurations [message #1075169 is a reply to message #1075130] Sun, 28 July 2013 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, thank you for your response.

What i actually want to do is to ask from the user to give me his model and then run the egl template base.

I saw the examples that you send me and i modify the files to run the egl but i am getting an error.
This error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/epsilon/egl/engine/traceability/fine/trace/builder/TraceManager$PositionReporter
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.EglTemplateFactory.<init>(EglTemplateFactory.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.EglFileGeneratingTemplateFactory.<init>(EglFileGeneratingTemplateFactory.java:24)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.egl.EglStandaloneExample.createModule(EglStandaloneExample.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.egl.EglStandaloneExample.main(EglStandaloneExample.java:31)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.engine.traceability.fine.trace.builder.TraceManager$PositionReporter
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	... 5 more

I am attaching you the files that am using!
Re: Run configurations [message #1075183 is a reply to message #1075130] Mon, 29 July 2013 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been working on it for several hours. I downloaded your example from SVN and i copy paste it exactly. I was getting again the same error. Then i copy paste each folder except the source one from your project and now is working!

I don't know why is doing it that!

Just another quick question. Each time i need to registered the ecore packages?

Re: Run configurations [message #1075303 is a reply to message #1075183] Mon, 29 July 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Stavro,

A NoClassDefFoundError typically implies that not all of the required dependencies are available in the workspace but it's hard to tell exactly what may have happened. If you register your Ecore metamodels using the context menu, you shouldn't need to re-register them every time.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Run configurations [message #1076024 is a reply to message #1075303] Tue, 30 July 2013 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I have be struggling with this error a lot and i couldnt find a solution. When i run my plugin i get this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI scheme is not "file"

When i check the Uri is giving me that:

bundleresource://2.fwk1463565218/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/egl/oxfordDriver.egl

Why is doing that? What should i do to give me the file?

Thanks
Re: Run configurations [message #1076121 is a reply to message #1076024] Tue, 30 July 2013 18:49 Go to previous message

Hi Stavro,

We recently implemented an EGL-based code generator that is also launched from a context menu item [1]. Could you please have a look at [2] and see if you can reuse any of the code there (lines 63-64 should be particularly relevant to the problem you're encountering)?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://code.google.com/p/pongo/
[2] https://code.google.com/p/pongo/source/browse/trunk/com.googlecode.pongo/src/com/googlecode/pongo/PongoGenerator.java
Previous Topic:Source to Source transformation with epsilon
Next Topic:Best way to realize constraints in meta model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 17:14:14 GMT 2024