Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to select the header of a tree table(I want to know how to select the column header of a tree table in a rcp application)
How to select the header of a tree table [message #1073279] Wed, 24 July 2013 13:00 Go to next message
Alexander Hoffmann is currently offline Alexander HoffmannFriend
Hello,

I want to check if my tree table has a specific column (I can add and remove columns in the application).
I haven't found a direct solution for this and so I try to select the header with ub_trt_selectEntryByIndexpath_specifyColumn and then check with ub_trt_checkSelectionByValue(s)_specifyColumn if the selected header has the right text (and as a result, is the column I need).

According to the Jubula manual, Chapter 5.7.3, the table header can be selected by selecting the index 0. Unfortunatelly this doesn't work (see screenshot of my parameters below) because the Tree Node can't be found (Error Description Tree Node not found).
If I set the index to 1, Jubula selects the first node below the table header.

index.php/fa/15696/0/
My tree table

index.php/fa/15694/0/
My settings for ub_trt_selectEntryByIndexpath_specifyColumn

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2013 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to select the header of a tree table [message #1073654 is a reply to message #1073279] Thu, 25 July 2013 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Alexander,

I saw that you also found the thread where this was discussed. From our side, there's no change at the moment on the status of the ticket.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: How to select the header of a tree table [message #1075533 is a reply to message #1073654] Mon, 29 July 2013 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Hoffmann is currently offline Alexander HoffmannFriend
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Thu, 25 July 2013 04:44
Hi Alexander,

I saw that you also found the thread where this was discussed. From our side, there's no change at the moment on the status of the ticket.

Best regards,
Alex

Well that's bad news.

Since we really need this feature and want to use Jubula, we would like to write an extension for table trees (and give it to the community if we make it).

Do you have already concepts or any suggestions how to start working on this? We would appreciate any help.
P.S.: I already read the EXTEND.pdf.

Sincerely
Alex
Re: How to select the header of a tree table [message #1077180 is a reply to message #1075533] Thu, 01 August 2013 10:36 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Alex,

That would be great if you wanted to work on it. I know that the selection via header value is implemented for tables, so looking at the code for that might be a good place to start. If you get stuck, get in touch via the rc-dev list and a developer can give you some pointers.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:testexec: Testsuite/Testjob
Next Topic:swing extend example jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:26:57 GMT 2024