Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit doesn't make the user save changes before stashing
EGit doesn't make the user save changes before stashing [message #1072329] Mon, 22 July 2013 14:35 Go to next message
Lorenzo Pfeifer is currently offline Lorenzo PfeiferFriend
Hello everyone!
I just lost some work by stashing my changes, creating a new branch and applying the stashed commit. It turns out that i forgot the save the changes so that the the stashed commit contained the old file.

This can't happen when committing because a reminder is shown when trying to do so. (You know, that "'some.java' has been modified. Save Changes?" dialog.)

Im using EGit 3.0.0
Is this bug already fixed in a newer version?
Re: EGit doesn't make the user save changes before stashing [message #1072944 is a reply to message #1072329] Tue, 23 July 2013 20:22 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Lorenzo Pfeifer skrev 2013-07-22 16.47:
> Hello everyone!
> I just lost some work by stashing my changes, creating a new branch and applying the stashed commit. It turns out that i forgot the save the changes so that the the stashed
> commit contained the old file.
>
> This can't happen when committing because a reminder is shown when trying to do so. (You know, that "'some.java' has been modified. Save Changes?" dialog.)

Seems reasonable.

> Im using EGit 3.0.0
> Is this bug already fixed in a newer version?
No. Please create a bug report in bugs.eclipse.org for EGit UI.
Previous Topic:Re: JGit - Enable word diff on Diffs
Next Topic:Error validating settings: Issues are disabled for this repo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 21:04:22 GMT 2024