Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Stardust with rule engine (Drools)
Stardust with rule engine (Drools) [message #1069650] Tue, 16 July 2013 10:01 Go to next message
Krzysztof Kaczkowski is currently offline Krzysztof KaczkowskiFriend
I read the documentation of integration Stardust with drools. In the documentation I see application type "Drools Rule Engine". My system does not contain the application type. Im use Stardust (version 1.0).
What am I doing wrong?
Re: Stardust with rule engine (Drools) [message #1070087 is a reply to message #1069650] Wed, 17 July 2013 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Krzysztof,

for the time being I am afraid this needs to be considered a documentation bug. We have this in the documentation because the application type exists in the commercial Stardust version (IPP). Unfortunately we had to leave this application type out of the Stardust code base because of the difficult license situation.

While Drools itself may be compatible with the Eclipse Public License (EPL) it seem to have dependencies which are only available under LGPL. The usage of LGPL is prohibited at Eclipse. Stardust code must not depend on such libraries.

We need to investigate the Drools dependency tree further to see if there is a way to include it in Stardust which is compliant with the EPL license policies.

Best regards

Rob
Re: Stardust with rule engine (Drools) [message #1085092 is a reply to message #1070087] Mon, 12 August 2013 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krzysztof Kaczkowski is currently offline Krzysztof KaczkowskiFriend
Thank you very much.
Re: Stardust with rule engine (Drools) [message #1480130 is a reply to message #1085092] Thu, 20 November 2014 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa Ferenal is currently offline Melissa FerenalFriend
Hi,

Is drools still not available for stardust 2.0.1? I tried deploying a model with a rule task but it returned this error
Cannot retrieve class 'org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.drools.runtime.DroolsValidator' for validation.

Regards,

Melissa

Re: Stardust with rule engine (Drools) [message #1481592 is a reply to message #1480130] Fri, 21 November 2014 04:42 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Melissa,

I am looking for a way that would allow Stardust users to make use of the latest rules management feature. Please see the current state captured here:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1481584/#msg_1481584

Best regards

Rob

Previous Topic:Not able to access the Infinity artifactory to download archetype
Next Topic:I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:00:12 GMT 2024