Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » EMF compare support basic xml? (Compare any xml file not belong to .ecor or xmi type)
icon5.gif  EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1068453] Sat, 13 July 2013 10:08 Go to next message
Andy du is currently offline Andy duFriend
Hi, my friends:
I'm working on implement to compare xml files and show the diffrence with UI. I have used text compare with eclipse compare plugin, but it just for compare text. From my research, I found EMF compare suitable for me. I have written a pragram to open EMF compare dialog and show difference for two ecore files, that's done. But if I replaced the ecore files with any other xml files, it doesn't work.
The any other xml files means that, that's ordinary xml at attachment.
My question: Is EMF compare only support emf model files to compare? If it's not, how can I implement for the basic XML files comparation?

Thanks,
Andy.
Re: EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1069582 is a reply to message #1068453] Tue, 16 July 2013 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Andy,

EMF Compare supports any file that can be considered a model and loaded through EMF. Models are not always serialized as XMI files, and we do support other file formats.

That being said, we can also support "plain XML" files if they have a clear xsd expressing the rules to which they conform. You can look at EMF tutorials on how to generate the model corresponding to your xsd. If you do not have an xsd or metamodel for that xml file, then no, you will not be able to use EMF Compare to compare them unless you create said metamodel.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1069980 is a reply to message #1069582] Wed, 17 July 2013 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy du is currently offline Andy duFriend
Laurent,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have saw "EMF tutorials on how to generate the model corresponding to your xsd", as my option, it tells me how to generate model from schemal files, but I need to generate model from plain XML with schemal defined.

thanks,
Andy.
Re: EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1263830 is a reply to message #1069582] Tue, 04 March 2014 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Hmm, I'm having trouble comparing .emftvm files, which have a custom binary resource factory. The EMF generated editor, as well as the Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor, work fine for .emftvm files, so I suppose the resource factory is properly registered. What else does EMF Compare require to recognise .emftvm as an EMF model?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1264415 is a reply to message #1068453] Wed, 05 March 2014 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Please see the FAQ for that.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2014 07:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF compare support basic xml? [message #1265717 is a reply to message #1264415] Thu, 06 March 2014 13:15 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:How to make sense of the Comparision output
Next Topic:Custom merge viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:50:00 GMT 2024