Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Hard-coded text fields versus an array of text fields(switching from static JTextFields to dynamic JTextFields in an array removes them from the design window)
Hard-coded text fields versus an array of text fields [message #1067776] Wed, 10 July 2013 14:25 Go to next message
Dan Nicholson is currently offline Dan NicholsonFriend
I started out designing my windowbuilder application with buttons and text fields and such hard-coaded, but when I switched them to dynamically created text fields they only show up when I run my program. they don't show up in the design window anymore. Is there a windowbuilder setting to make it look for text fields that would be in an array, or something I have to do differently?
I'm fairly new at this.
Thanks!
Re: Hard-coded text fields versus an array of text fields [message #1067850 is a reply to message #1067776] Wed, 10 July 2013 20:59 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Dynamically created widgets are intentionally ignored as stated in the WindowBuilder FAQ:

Quote:
Note that dynamic GUI code can not be rendered or edited. The problem with dynamic code is that it generally relies on runtime calculations that have no meaning at runtime. Widgets created in a loop (where the loop parameters are passed in externally) are a good example. Widgets created in conditionals where the value of the conditional is not known until runtime are another example. Dynamic GUI code constructed from the results of complex database queries is yet another example.
Previous Topic:Which wizard to use by Google Windowbuilder to create a standard or tabbed Eclipse Properties View?
Next Topic:windowbuilder: modify a java program with an interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:20:30 GMT 2024