Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Jetty Disables OSGi Services
Jetty Disables OSGi Services [message #1067287] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:20 Go to next message
S. SchulzFriend
Hello!

I'm managing a bunch of RCP plug-ins that rely heavily on OSGi services (e.g. for single sourcing with RAP). Now I thought it might be a good idea to integrate the Eclipse help plug-in, but whenever I add the Jetty plug-ins, the services will vanish.

So I have two short questions: Why? And how can I get both OSGi services and Eclipse help to work?

(I thought about adding a demo project, but the mailapp already contains everything. Just add a service and it will disappear once "org.eclipse.help.ui", "org.eclipse.help.webapp" and "org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty" are added to the launch configuration.)

Thanks in advance!

S. Schulz

Edit: After testing a bit more, it seems possible that Equinox is the culprit, not just Jetty.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 July 2013 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jetty Disables OSGi Services [message #1067332 is a reply to message #1067287] Mon, 08 July 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S. SchulzFriend
I've been entirely wrong, it's neither Jetty nor Equinox, but the plug-in "org.eclipse.update.configurator". Starting this plug-in will make all the OSGi services disappear, disabling it will make them reappear. I'd love to hear something regarding the question: Why?
Re: Jetty Disables OSGi Services [message #1067594 is a reply to message #1067287] Tue, 09 July 2013 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Could this be related to this issue: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=344414 ?
Re: Jetty Disables OSGi Services [message #1067689 is a reply to message #1067594] Wed, 10 July 2013 07:01 Go to previous message
S. SchulzFriend
Yes, you are entirely right. Luckily we don't need the "org.eclipse.update.configurator", so removing it after each "Add Required Bundles" will do the trick. Thank you!
Previous Topic:IWorkbenchPage.getPartState() always returns RESTORED
Next Topic:How to deal with command framework and MasterDetailsBlock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:27:53 GMT 2024