Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Corrupted characters in textarea
Corrupted characters in textarea [message #1067184] Sun, 07 July 2013 10:49 Go to next message
Pavlos Ponos is currently offline Pavlos PonosFriend
Hello all!

Nice to meet you!

I have wrote a java programm which compares strings with scope to find differencies between the validated text and the text i receive from my clients.
The languages that i want to compare the text are Slovak, Czech, Greek, Bulgarian, Turkish etc. Languages with special characters in general.

When i execute the program on my computer, everything is fine, the results in the text area i have created is correct, all the characters are shown correclty. I have encode the result in UTF-8 enconding.

I have tried to export this programm to a jar file but when i run it, the result in the textarea contains also corrupted characters.
During the execution of the programm, the code stores in an temp file (txt) the strings. I have open these txts and the text is shown correctly.

Is there any other way to export the code to a jar file and also avoid this issue?
Can somebody explain me why this happens? Meaning, the txts have the correct text but the text in textarea has corrupted characters.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: Corrupted characters in textarea [message #1067291 is a reply to message #1067184] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You are in the wrong forum. This forum is about the C/C++ plugin.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Corrupted characters in textarea [message #1067462 is a reply to message #1067184] Mon, 08 July 2013 20:00 Go to previous message
Pavlos Ponos is currently offline Pavlos PonosFriend
Can somebody move this thread to the correct category? Or should i have to create a new topic?

Sorry for that.
Previous Topic:Eclipse- tomcat deployment
Next Topic:indexer in Kepler is unusable, logs errors on *every* source file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:07:46 GMT 2024