Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Missing preference options for EMF compare 2.1
Missing preference options for EMF compare 2.1 [message #1066977] Fri, 05 July 2013 10:25 Go to next message
Yuri Blankenstein is currently offline Yuri BlankensteinFriend
Hi,

We are migrating from Eclipse Juno with EMF Compare 1.3 to Eclipse Kepler with EMF Compare 2.1.

Our application stores EMF models in binary format and we need to be able to compare models from several runs. This means that our new models have different XMI ID's and we do not use functional ID's.

In EMF Compare 1.3 there was a preference option to ignore XMI ID's (see image below), but I cannot find it in EMF Compare 2.1.
index.php/fa/15484/0/

Also our models have references to other models (and thus new reference ID's). Therefor we also compared using 'Complete resource set(s)' (see image below) and this message also disappeard.
index.php/fa/15485/0/

How can we achieve the same comparison setup in EMF Compare 2.1?

Regards,
Yuri
Re: Missing preference options for EMF compare 2.1 [message #1067273 is a reply to message #1066977] Mon, 08 July 2013 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Yuri,

There is no preferences available from the EMF Compare UI in 2.1 yet. These are planned for inclusion, but we've focused on the core for now.

As for "resource set" comparison, this is the default for EMF Compare 2. That popup was only there to avoid breaking existing users of EMF Compare 1 by allowing them to fall back to single resource... but that is too bug-prone to be recommanded (since merges could thus break the model integrity). If you were using "complete resource set", then the default behavior of 2.1 will be sufficient for you.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Missing preference options for EMF compare 2.1 [message #1113028 is a reply to message #1067273] Fri, 20 September 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I have seen in the new and noteworthy of 2.1 that the feature (disable ID use) can be set programmatically. Any hints on how I could write myself a hack to make this the default. I am thinking about sticking a patch feature on the comparison tool to change the default while we wait for the UI update.
Re: Missing preference options for EMF compare 2.1 [message #1114754 is a reply to message #1113028] Mon, 23 September 2013 06:49 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

This possibility has always been there for programmatic use; please see the developer guide for information on how to do it untile the GUI gets the needed update for preferences.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

[Updated on: Mon, 23 September 2013 06:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to compare EMF Objects - createDefaultScope() deprecated ?
Next Topic:EMF Compare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:11:32 GMT 2024