Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse RT (runtime) » Do not restore the perspective(Do not restore the perspective)
Do not restore the perspective [message #1066586] Wed, 03 July 2013 10:07
Jack Clouseau is currently offline Jack ClouseauFriend
I have scenario where the perspective opened before closing the rcp application should not be restored when the application is restarted.

This is required because, we have the login system implemented and depending on the login-user we need to enable the perspective which the login-user is authorized to.

But when user-A login and opens "perspective A" before closing the application, then for user-B "perspective A" is showed by default when user-B login.

I know this is being stored in .metadata folder, but i do not want to clear the metadata folder at runtime (while opening the application)

So while restarting the application, how do i restrict the workbench not to open the last opened perspective?

I have tried overriding the getInitialWindowPerspectiveId() of workbenchadvisor class but no use.

I also tried, deleting the prespective descriptor from the perspective registry but still no use...

any inputs to solve this is much appreciated...
Previous Topic:Starting bundles (plugins) at runtime
Next Topic:Single threaded IDE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:43:59 GMT 2024