Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse RT (runtime) » Hiding/Removing the perspective at runtime(Hiding/Removing the perspective at runtime)
Hiding/Removing the perspective at runtime [message #1066536] Wed, 03 July 2013 04:33
Jack Clouseau is currently offline Jack ClouseauFriend
Hello All,

We have an RCP application. This main plugin is more like a container with just login dialog functionality (this doesn't contain any perspectives or views. Just with the login functionality).

We have 2 other plugins which actaully contributes perspectives to the main rcp application.

Now depending on the login (after authencticating), i need to display at runtime only one perspective to the login-user. How do i do that?

Currently both the perspectives are displayed to the user. Is it possible to update the PerspectiveRegistry at runtime and update the rcp application?

I have tried IPerspectiveRegistry.deletePerspective(IPerspectiveDescriptor descriptor) in the preWindowOpen() and postWindowOpen() of the WorkbenchWindowAdvisor of my application, but still both the perspectives are being displayed.

How to hide or remove one of the perspective at runtime before the workbench loads?

Any help on this is much appreciated...

Thanks
Previous Topic:Eclipse not starting after plugin install
Next Topic:Starting bundles (plugins) at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:29:46 GMT 2024