Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Observation mode vs Object mapping
Observation mode vs Object mapping [message #1066073] Sat, 29 June 2013 22:36 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
I am still a bit confused with how Jubula works, especially Observation mode vs Object mapping. Could anyone please explain me a little bit? What's the point of using the observation mode? And how do I know which practice I should drag and add to my testcase? I am currently trying to make a testcase for a project wizard, but will eventually extend it for more GUI functional testing.

Please help.

thanks a lot.
Re: Observation mode vs Object mapping [message #1066138 is a reply to message #1066073] Mon, 01 July 2013 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paraita Wohler is currently offline Paraita WohlerFriend
Hi,

Observation mode helps you "catch" graphical components, you navigate in your AUT, components such as buttons or text fields should be highlighted with a green rectangle, you then press Ctrl+Shift+Q (you can change the mapping in Preferences->Test->Object Mapping.
Once you caught all your graphical components, you map them using the Object Mapping view. You declare all your functional components (those that you use in your test cases) and you map then by drag and dropping your functional components over the graphical components to map them.
On my machine, there's some sort of visual glitch where the right column isn't refresh so I have to save the mapping (Ctrl+s) to refresh the view.

Hope that helps !
Re: Observation mode vs Object mapping [message #1066201 is a reply to message #1066138] Mon, 01 July 2013 14:11 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

A couple more pointers:
- you should do the cheat sheets (help - cheat sheets) to get started.
- the documentation is usually very helpful
- this article explains about why we prefer specifying to observing
- if you want support or a training course, then that's possible too Smile

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:how to enter multiline text? [newbee]
Next Topic:How to do a "sum" of two variables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:54:13 GMT 2024