Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page(need to show 'Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page)
need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1065821] Thu, 27 June 2013 15:24 Go to next message
Sachin Rajmane is currently offline Sachin RajmaneFriend
I am using grouping for rendering table data. I need to show "Continue.." text if group not end in the same page and continue in the next page.
For example in one group i am having 4 rows and suppose 1st page shows 3 rows and 4th row rendered on 2nd page then it should show "Continue.." text in the 2nd page inside the group header along with the group name.
Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1065826 is a reply to message #1065821] Thu, 27 June 2013 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What's your BIRT version?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1065872 is a reply to message #1065826] Fri, 28 June 2013 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for replying Michael,

I am using BIRT 3.7 with eclipse Version: Indigo Service Release 1.

If required, report can be developed in 4.2

[Updated on: Fri, 28 June 2013 10:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1066308 is a reply to message #1065872] Tue, 02 July 2013 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Team,

Is there any way to implement this in BIRT Report.

We have similar flag in crystal report().

Please reply, eagerly waiting for the answer.
Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1067095 is a reply to message #1065821] Fri, 05 July 2013 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here's a simple example showing an easy way to achieve what you're wanting. The script is done in the onCreate and onRender of the group header data element. I simply check the page number onCreate, store it in a persistent global variable and then check this global variable in the onRender to determine whether "continued..." needs to be added. Hope this helps. This report was made in BIRT 4.2.2, but the script should work for you in any version.

Michael

Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1600418 is a reply to message #1067095] Wed, 04 February 2015 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinod kumar is currently offline vinod kumarFriend
Hi BIRT Guru,
i am also facing a similar issue.
I also tried implementing your solution in my report, but it does not seem to work. i am using BIRT version 4.3.1.
I have created a dynamic text "TestGroup" in the group header section to achieve this for now. This dynamic text is associated to OnCreate and OnRender two script methods.
What i suspect is that the pageNumber variable is always "1" which could be an issue, just guessing as i am a total newbie to BIRT.
I have attached the rptdesign file and the pdf file that was generated.

PS: The header, footer is from another rptdesign file (which is not attached here), The PDF is generated by merging these rptdesign files by the our BIRT service.

Please advice.

Regards,
Vinod
Re: need to show "Continue.." if GROUP continue in next page [message #1601251 is a reply to message #1600418] Wed, 04 February 2015 20:53 Go to previous message

Are you using separate run and render tasks when you execute the report? If not, you'll need to do that.

Michael

Previous Topic:Drill-through report in PDF format fails with Google Chrome
Next Topic:Need help on BIRT app viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 04:33:03 GMT 2024