Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Error indication for list
Error indication for list [message #1063779] Fri, 14 June 2013 08:18 Go to next message
kon f is currently offline kon fFriend
Hey,

I've been using Sapphire for a couple of weeks and I created an really sophisticated editor. By hand, this had taken me forever, especially if the requirements are not finally set and the customer might change his opinion in the next future (probably a couple times Wink). Thank you for this nice framework! Smile

Is there a way to indicate which row of the table contains the actual error? At present, I have to check the error message and then look out for the causing tuple. This gets more difficult if the size of the list increases.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7500/6q6s.png

Thank you!

Kon
Re: Error indication for list [message #1063872 is a reply to message #1063779] Fri, 14 June 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
If you attach an image to the model element type used for list entries (use the @Image annotation), the image will be shown on the left of the table row. If there is a problem in that row, a problem decorator will be added to the image. You cannot interact with that problem decorator like you can with the one on the property editor, but at least it will help you find the row with the problem.
Re: Error indication for list [message #1064027 is a reply to message #1063872] Mon, 17 June 2013 10:34 Go to previous message
kon f is currently offline kon fFriend
Hey Konstantin,

thank you. I don't use icons for my list items, so I placed an transparent icon with size of 7*8 pixels. This is how it looks like:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7996/t7x.png

Thank you, once again!

Kon
Previous Topic:License of the icons
Next Topic:Ideas to reduce memory usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:07:58 GMT 2024