Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Packages view not refreshed upon selection of project(Packages and Package Explorer views)
Packages view not refreshed upon selection of project [message #1062365] Fri, 07 June 2013 12:24 Go to next message
Jaime Mising name is currently offline Jaime Mising nameFriend
Sorry if it's a too newbie question...

I'm used to show the Package Explorer, where I see all my projects with a tree layout, and also the Packages view, with its flat layout.

In versions prior to Eclipse Juno, when selecting a project in the Package Explorer, the Packages view is updated with the list of packages of that project.

However, this does not work as such with Eclipse Juno: the Packages view seems to ignore the selection in the Package Explorer.

A strange workaround is: select the Packages view (by clicking on its tab), then select the desired project in the Package Explorer. Now the Packages view shows the packages of that project.

I find this weird. I haven't found any preference to configure the previous behaviour.

Is this change intentional?

Is there any way to get the good old way?

Many thanks for any help.
Re: Packages view not refreshed upon selection of project [message #1062690 is a reply to message #1062365] Mon, 10 June 2013 11:54 Go to previous message
Jaime Mising name is currently offline Jaime Mising nameFriend
Reported in this bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=410309

A patch can be found there to fix this and related issues.

BTW I've got a quick and satisfactory response from the support team.
Previous Topic:Migrate eclipse's stored passwords
Next Topic:New Java Class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 20:41:39 GMT 2024