Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Store] ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to EStructuralFeature$Setting
icon9.gif  [EMF Store] ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to EStructuralFeature$Setting [message #1062028] Wed, 05 June 2013 13:32 Go to next message
Laurent Odermatt is currently offline Laurent OdermattFriend
Hi,

I'm currently working with a custom metamodel (the models are generated in xml).
When I want to add the EObject which is the root of my model, I get the following
Error : java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EStructuralFeature$Setting 
. (the full error is at the end of the topic).
I encounter this error only when the root contains other objects. When it is empty, I don't have this type of error (I get other errors, but without link with this one).

I think this problem is due to the structure of my model because the "basic" examples (Bowling etc) work fine.

The error appears when I use the "ESLocalProject.getModelElements().add(EObject)" method
Do you have any idea about why I can get this exception?

Cheers,

Laurent

Quote:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 2 2 2013-06-05 15:26:35.217
!MESSAGE EObject Change Observer threw an exception: org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationManager
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EStructuralFeature$Setting
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSetting(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1596)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.collectOutgoingCrossReferences(ModelUtil.java:1165)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationRecorder.modelElementAdded(OperationRecorder.java:182)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationManager.modelElementAdded(OperationManager.java:260)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl$1.run(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:102)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl$2.run(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:129)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.ESSafeRunner.run(ESSafeRunner.java:36)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.notifyIdEObjectCollectionChangeObservers(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:152)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.modelElementAdded(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:105)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.EObjectChangeNotifier.addAdapter(EObjectChangeNotifier.java:88)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.handleContainment(EContentAdapter.java:139)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.selfAdapt(EContentAdapter.java:74)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.notifyChanged(EContentAdapter.java:40)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.EObjectChangeNotifier.notifyChanged(EObjectChangeNotifier.java:185)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:294)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:301)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler$1.doRun(SpHandler.java:169)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommand.commandBody(EMFStoreCommand.java:50)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:63)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:69)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:107)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommand.run(EMFStoreCommand.java:59)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.runWithCommands(SpHandler.java:171)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.runClient(SpHandler.java:142)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.execute(SpHandler.java:116)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.all4tec.sa.core.root.Application.start(Application.java:42)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

SpHandler is the handler of my plugin.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 June 2013 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Store] ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to EStructuralFeature$Setting [message #1062044 is a reply to message #1062028] Wed, 05 June 2013 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Laurent,

It sounds like you've hand modified the model to have a read-only list.
Have a look at how EClassImpl uses
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.UnmodifiableEList.FastCompare to
do it properly, i.e., multi-valued features must return a list that
implements InternalEList and EStructuralFeature.Setting.

On 05/06/2013 3:32 PM, Laurent Odermatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working with a custom metamodel (the models are
> generated in xml).
> When I want to add the EObject which is the root of my model, I get
> the following Error : java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot
> be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EStructuralFeature$Setting . (the
> full error is at the end of the topic).
> I encounter this error only when the root contains other objects. When
> it is empty, I don't have this type of error (I get other errors, but
> without link with this one).
>
> I think this problem is due to the structure of my model because the
> "basic" examples (Bowling etc) work fine.
>
> Do you have any idea about why I can get this exception?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent
>
>
> Quote:
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 2 2 2013-06-05 15:26:35.217
>> !MESSAGE EObject Change Observer threw an exception:
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationManager
>> !STACK 0
>> java.lang.ClassCastException:
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList
>> cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EStructuralFeature$Setting
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSetting(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1596)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.collectOutgoingCrossReferences(ModelUtil.java:1165)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationRecorder.modelElementAdded(OperationRecorder.java:182)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.OperationManager.modelElementAdded(OperationManager.java:260)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl$1.run(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:102)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl$2.run(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:129)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.ESSafeRunner.run(ESSafeRunner.java:36)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.notifyIdEObjectCollectionChangeObservers(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:152)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.impl.NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.modelElementAdded(NotifiableIdEObjectCollectionImpl.java:105)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.EObjectChangeNotifier.addAdapter(EObjectChangeNotifier.java:88)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.handleContainment(EContentAdapter.java:139)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.selfAdapt(EContentAdapter.java:74)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentAdapter.notifyChanged(EContentAdapter.java:40)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.EObjectChangeNotifier.notifyChanged(EObjectChangeNotifier.java:185)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:249)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:294)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:301)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler$1.doRun(SpHandler.java:169)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommand.commandBody(EMFStoreCommand.java:50)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:63)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:69)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:107)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommand.run(EMFStoreCommand.java:59)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.runWithCommands(SpHandler.java:171)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.runClient(SpHandler.java:142)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.commands.SpHandler.execute(SpHandler.java:116)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
>> at com.all4tec.sa.core.root.Application.start(Application.java:42)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
>
>
> SpHandler is the handler of my plugin.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [EMF Store] ECollections$EmptyUnmodifiableEList cannot be cast to EStructuralFeature$Setting [message #1062064 is a reply to message #1062044] Wed, 05 June 2013 15:47 Go to previous message
Laurent Odermatt is currently offline Laurent OdermattFriend
Ok, thanks.
indeed, several objects' methods return an empty unmodifiable list to forbid modifications on some properties (which are inherited but useless / incoherent on this object).
I'll see with the author of the model to modify this and use a class implementing those.

Cheers,

Laurent
Previous Topic:[EMF Store] ServerInfoImpl is not contained in a resource
Next Topic:Packaging Texo source code into plugin jars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:05:51 GMT 2024