Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Where are the icon decorations?
Where are the icon decorations? [message #1061493] Sat, 01 June 2013 01:26 Go to next message
Barry Fruitman is currently offline Barry FruitmanFriend
I recently installed Egit and everything seems to be working except I don't see any icon decorations, which it makes it difficult to use.

I checked the preferences under Team | Git | Label Decorations and everything looks ok to me. I'm using Eclipse v3.7.2 and the latest version of Egit.

I'm using Subversive with another project and it IS showing icon decorations. Is there any known conflict between Subversive and Egit?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Barry
Re: Where are the icon decorations? [message #1061631 is a reply to message #1061493] Mon, 03 June 2013 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Your referring to the '*' change decorations familiar from SVN and CVS plugins? If so, and if you're new to Git, keep in mind that there are two change states in Git, staged and unstaged. EGit uses different decorations for the two states. Files with staged changes get a '*'. Files with only unstaged changes get a '>'. If a file has both staged and unstaged changes, it gets both decorations.

Do you see the branch-name+status decoration at project roots? If you don't see those, that probably means you didn't do the import correctly and the projects are not being managed by EGit at all. But in that case none of the EGit operations would be available.

re: plugin conflicts, I have workspaces that use both EGit and Subclipse and I haven't run into any issues. Can't say for sure about Subversive - I never liked it and never used it for very long -- but I haven't heard of any problems like this.
Re: Where are the icon decorations? [message #1061762 is a reply to message #1061631] Mon, 03 June 2013 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Fruitman is currently offline Barry FruitmanFriend
Thanks for your reply!

I don't see any decorations at all, including branch-name+status at the project root. However I'm sure my folder is being managed by EGit because 1) I used it to create the repository, and 2) it is performing the add/commit/push commands correctly.

Barry
Re: Where are the icon decorations? [message #1061764 is a reply to message #1061762] Mon, 03 June 2013 20:11 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
When you say EGit is performing operations like add, commit, etc, what view are you in? Specifically are you in a code-editing view when you run these, or are you doing these things from the the "Git Repositories" view? You can do the latter without ever importing at all. So if you import in the wrong way you can get yourself in a state in which the editing windows are not managed by EGit, but EGit operations can still be performed via "Git Repositories".
Previous Topic:add content without file
Next Topic:"Switch to" list is empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 14:05:55 GMT 2024