Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Plugin responsible for Eclipse syntax coloring(What plugin keeps track of the syntax coloring preferences and how can they be accessed programmatically? )
Plugin responsible for Eclipse syntax coloring [message #1061268] Thu, 30 May 2013 21:18 Go to next message
Raphael Stein is currently offline Raphael SteinFriend
I'm writing a plugin that at one point presents portions of the user's Java code back to them.

When I present the code to the user, I would like to use the color scheme that they set in Eclipse to be consistent with their taste.

I have already isolated the keywords, literals etc. All I need to do is grab the preference colors and apply them to my Stylers.

How can I access the preferences programatically and also, what plugin is responsible for its presentation?
Re: Plugin responsible for Eclipse syntax coloring [message #1061457 is a reply to message #1061268] Fri, 31 May 2013 18:08 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think you'll find a more full example of what you're trying to do in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaTemplatesPage#createPatternViewer(Composite) . Reading another plug-in's preferences isn't usually the right solution.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Perforce Plugin issue for Eclipse 4.2 (JUNO)
Next Topic:Trouble updating SDK: Jar has been tampered
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:13:21 GMT 2024