Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Errors after upgrading from Xtext 2.3 to 2.4
Errors after upgrading from Xtext 2.3 to 2.4 [message #1060919] Wed, 29 May 2013 07:19 Go to next message
Oren Mishali is currently offline Oren MishaliFriend
Hi,
Following my previous question (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/488109/) I updated my Xtext installation from 2.3 to 2.4 using the Eclipse update site. Then I tried to generate Xtext artifacts for one of the existing projects and I got some errors during the process. Here is a summary (a full log is attached):

warning(200): ../xtext.jdbc/src-gen/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalJdbc.g:5671:1: Decision can match input such as "RULE_ID" using multiple alternatives: 2, 3
As a result, alternative(s) 3 were disabled for that input
error(201): ../xtext.jdbc/src-gen/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalJdbc.g:5671:1: The following alternatives can never be matched: 3
31626 [main] ERROR enerator.CompositeGeneratorFragment - java.io.FileNotFoundException: ../xtext.jdbc/src-gen/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalJdbcLexer.java (No such file or directory)
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ../xtext.jdbc/src-gen/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalJdbcLexer.java (No such file or directory)
at org.eclipse.xtext.util.Files.readFileIntoString(Files.java:129)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Oren
  • Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 5.46KB, Downloaded 343 times)
Re: Errors after upgrading from Xtext 2.3 to 2.4 [message #1061228 is a reply to message #1060919] Thu, 30 May 2013 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Oren,

the error message states that there is a case where the parser has read a part of its input model, and needs to decide which decision to take (e.g. optional element or a real choice described with the '|' symbol), but cannot by looking at the next few characters.

This could happen because the Xbase grammar changed below your grammar, and introduced a conflict.

I cannot say anything more without seeing the entire grammar, but hope it helps,
Zoltán
Re: Errors after upgrading from Xtext 2.3 to 2.4 [message #1061796 is a reply to message #1061228] Tue, 04 June 2013 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oren Mishali is currently offline Oren MishaliFriend
Hi Zoltán,
First, thanks for your answer, it helped to focus on the grammar.
I found out that the import section of my grammar caused the error:

MyModel:
imports += Import*
;

Import:
  'import' importedNamespace = QualifiedNameWithWildcard
;

QualifiedNameWithWildcard:
  QualifiedName '.*'?
;

I am not sure why, but probably because in Xbase 2.4 I should use importSection=XImportSection? instead.

Oren
Re: Errors after upgrading from Xtext 2.3 to 2.4 [message #1061805 is a reply to message #1061796] Tue, 04 June 2013 07:44 Go to previous message
michael m is currently offline michael mFriend
Yes and this may help you:
The XImportSection in Xbase 2.4
Previous Topic:How to implement such a different ImportedNamespace?
Next Topic:CTRL+SPCACE for Cross Reference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:03 GMT 2024