Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Extending the WST XML Editor to support Expression language autocompletion
Extending the WST XML Editor to support Expression language autocompletion [message #1060902] Wed, 29 May 2013 06:02
Pratik Bhatt is currently offline Pratik BhattFriend
I am trying to get in to the world of Eclipse plugin development. I apologize, If this is not the correct place to post about for WST editor extension. I would appreciate if you could point me to the correct forum if possible.

I have been reading up on the WST XML Editor and how to extend it. I have been able to setup plugins which can provide me with autocompletion for xmls which refer to the name spaces in my XSD.

I am trying to take this one step further, I want to add auto completion for Expression Language along with the Element/attribute level auto completion in the xml editor. What would be the best way to achieve this.

For e.g.

I want to be able to get to this xml

<somename attr='${variable}' />

where ${variable} can be auto completed, i.e. it can be selected from a bunch of predefined variable names.

So I guess it would work similar to the JSP editor, but with custom XSD and custom EL variables, functions etc.

Thanks everyone for their help in advance.
Previous Topic:Java7 class files in spite of ExecEnv=1.6
Next Topic:Create a MacOSX non-UI product with PDE Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:53:45 GMT 2024