Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Write new resource description very slow
Write new resource description very slow [message #1059858] Wed, 22 May 2013 00:16 Go to next message
Lionel Villard is currently offline Lionel VillardFriend
Hi,

I'm having a performance issue each time a file is saved. Saving a file triggers a "write new descriptions" job which takes a very long time. When tracing through "writeNewResourceDescriptions", a lot of things happen, in particular *all* files in the project are parsed completely, new resource descriptions are computed and then links are resolved.

The question is: is there a way to optimize this job? For instance, is there enable some sort of incremental resource description update?

I'm using XText 2.3

Thanks in advance!
Lionel
Re: Write new resource description very slow [message #1059914 is a reply to message #1059858] Wed, 22 May 2013 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

You could limit the number of objects exposed to the index. By default every object that has a name attribute will be exported. Think if this is always desirable.

~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Write new resource description very slow [message #1060028 is a reply to message #1059914] Wed, 22 May 2013 15:01 Go to previous message
Lionel Villard is currently offline Lionel VillardFriend
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already changed the default to export only some of the objects, but the scope is still global. Maybe by also limiting the scope, only the files imported the changed objects will be updated?

Thanks again!
Lionel
Previous Topic:Getting linking diagnostics from reconciler
Next Topic:Getting the root node from a resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:19:34 GMT 2024