Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter)
Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1059622] Mon, 20 May 2013 21:06 Go to next message
Mauro Faccenda is currently offline Mauro FaccendaFriend
Hi all,

I am using Eclipse Indigo with Visual Studio 2012, and the code I am working on creates a header file (with tons of macro denifitions) that is included into every other file by using the force include parameter (/FI).

I was able to successfully configure the build parameters, by adding the parameter "/FI<filename.h>" on Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->C Compiler (cl)->Miscellaneous.

But it seems the Indexer can't find the macros on the (previously) automatically created file. As a result, Eclipse shows tons of syntax error and non resolved types/symbols, but I am able to build the executable.

So, I was wondering if there is any way to specify this include so the Indexer recognizes the macros on it.

Thanks in advance,

UPDATE:
I am actually using Eclipse Juno, but tried also with Indigo.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1059907 is a reply to message #1059622] Wed, 22 May 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
1) Open Windows->Preferences and go to C/C++->Property Pages Settings
2) Enable "Display Include Files on Paths and Symbols page
3) Open project properties and got to C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols
4) select tab Include Files
5) click Add button to add your header file filename.h (depending on your language you must add it for C and C++)

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1060006 is a reply to message #1059907] Wed, 22 May 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Axel,

First, thank you for your help.

But I couldn't find the "Include Files" tab you mentioned, either on Indigo or Juno.

As you can see on these screenshots:

index.php/fa/15013/0/

index.php/fa/15014/0/

Is there anything else I can do to enable it?
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1060143 is a reply to message #1060006] Thu, 23 May 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
That's strange. It works for me on Juno. Did you try to close/reopen the project, restart Eclipse?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1061009 is a reply to message #1060143] Wed, 29 May 2013 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
Try "Preprocessor Include Paths..." property page. Select your language and "CDT User Setting Entries" provider. Hit "Add", there is a dropbox initially showing "Include Directory". Select "Include File" instead.
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1061017 is a reply to message #1061009] Wed, 29 May 2013 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Andrew,

That seems to do the trick.

Another different, but related, question: is there any way to tell Eclipse (or its Indexer) to not consider system libraries (/X cl.exe parameter)?

I could find it for the GCC-based toolchains, but for the MSVC toolchain I couldn't.

Thanks again.
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1444878 is a reply to message #1061009] Tue, 14 October 2014 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Sotnikov is currently offline Andrey SotnikovFriend
Andrew Gvozdev wrote on Wed, 29 May 2013 13:44
Try "Preprocessor Include Paths..." property page. Select your language and "CDT User Setting Entries" provider. Hit "Add", there is a dropbox initially showing "Include Directory". Select "Include File" instead.

The problem is this won't be stored inside the project settings. It will be stored in the workspace metadata: .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core. Is there any chance to set forced include files in the toolchain settings in .cproject? Eclipse is so frustrating.
Re: Can't configure Indexer to recognize "forced-included" files (/fi parameter) [message #1444933 is a reply to message #1444878] Tue, 14 October 2014 19:44 Go to previous message
Andrey Sotnikov is currently offline Andrey SotnikovFriend
Ok, I figured this out. It is in .cproject in <option id="gnu.cpp.compiler.option.include.files.517432834" name="Include files (-include)" superClass="gnu.cpp.compiler.option.include.files" valueType="includeFiles">.
Previous Topic:Default build behaviour when Cygwin is in PATH
Next Topic:Unable to get Kepler working with c++11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 16:01:54 GMT 2024