Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse include folder not working
Eclipse include folder not working [message #1059441] Sat, 18 May 2013 14:46 Go to next message
James private is currently offline James privateFriend
Can someone please explain this? I refer to the attached image file. Clearly I have set up the include folders in my test project but for some reason the IDE says it can not find my include file. WTF is going on here?
Re: Eclipse include folder not working [message #1059442 is a reply to message #1059441] Sat, 18 May 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I am done with Eclipse. It is clearly broken is several key areas and no one can ever convince me otherwise. I refer, of course, to the attached image. I dare someone to explain that one.
Re: Eclipse include folder not working [message #1059478 is a reply to message #1059442] Sun, 19 May 2013 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
James Mising name wrote on Sat, 18 May 2013 17:12
Ok, I am done with Eclipse. It is clearly broken is several key areas and no one can ever convince me otherwise. I refer, of course, to the attached image. I dare someone to explain that one.

That's rather easy. You entered a path where the linker wants a library name.

BTW, you should be less hostile if you want more helpful answers.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Eclipse include folder not working [message #1059497 is a reply to message #1059478] Sun, 19 May 2013 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, that was supposed to say "I am done messing with Eclipse". As for the rest of it, I am sorry I sounded hostile. I was a bit frustrated, I didn't mean to come across as hostile.

At any rate. I went back to just using makefiles. Eclipse is working now as an editor/gdb front. I'll keep managing my own makefiles outside of Eclipse and everything should be fine.
Re: Eclipse include folder not working [message #1059502 is a reply to message #1059497] Mon, 20 May 2013 04:51 Go to previous message
Nobody Mising name is currently offline Nobody Mising nameFriend
James Mising name wrote on Sun, 19 May 2013 19:52
I went back to just using makefiles. Eclipse is working now as an editor/gdb front. I'll keep managing my own makefiles outside of Eclipse and everything should be fine.

Exactly the same for me, Eclipse CDT internal build system is a joke, not usable for everything except hello world projects.
Previous Topic:Shared Libraries in Linux
Next Topic:Photran/Fortran .exe will not run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:46:52 GMT 2024