Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Disable the .history folder(I dont want the .history folder in my Eclipse)
Disable the .history folder [message #1059094] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:50 Go to next message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
Hi,

We have customised eclipse to talk to a mainframe. I fetch the files from mainframe and store them locally on the windows box. User selects the files to work with and we create a link to the these file and add it to the project tree. the elements are linked to the project tree using the createlink method in IFile.
we use -
createLink(<absolute path of the file>, IResource.FOLDER, new NullProgressMonitor());

What we have seen is that once the project is created, the .history folder (.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources) size is very huge. For a project created with 4900 files, the .history folder size is 550MB (thats very huge).

Is there a way to tell eclipse not to create anything in the .history folder ?
I would like to disable writing to .history folder.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable the .history folder [message #1059110 is a reply to message #1059094] Thu, 16 May 2013 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

Hi Mahesh,

You can try changing the history preferences from the page Window->General->Workspace->Local History and see if it works.
The same can be modified programaticaly using
org.eclipse.core.resources.IWorkspaceDescription. For the preference keys take a look at the class WorkspacePreferences

Re: Disable the .history folder [message #1059203 is a reply to message #1059110] Fri, 17 May 2013 09:29 Go to previous message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply Prasad Smile .
I tried setting
Days to Keep File to 0.
MAximum entries per file = 0.
Maximum file size (MB) = 0.
under Window->General->Workspace->Local History.

Did not help me Sad
Any other resolutions please ?
Previous Topic:PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getHelpSystem().isContextHelpDisplayed() always return false
Next Topic:How to use menus extension to add popup to text editor only for files in projects w/ certain nature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:08:33 GMT 2024