Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » JavaDoc for Scout ?(It would be great to have JavaDoc compiled from Scout sources for "API reference" purposes)
icon1.gif  JavaDoc for Scout ? [message #1058711] Tue, 14 May 2013 18:24 Go to next message
Andriy Fomenko is currently offline Andriy FomenkoFriend
I'm on the learning curve exploring Scout 3.9 now and I really miss some kind of concise JavaDoc hyper-linked documentation generated from the sources.

Is it something what exists and I'm simply overlooking it ?

I observe that substantial number of classes/interfaces/methods are annotated, so in theory it is not inconceivable to simply compile it into nice hyper-linked "doc".
Re: JavaDoc for Scout ? [message #1058730 is a reply to message #1058711] Tue, 14 May 2013 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

I totally agree with you... When I started the Concepts pages in the wiki, I imagined that each class or interface referenced in the wiki pages would be a link to a Javadoc published as HTML on the eclipse website. That should be the role of the {{ScoutJavadoc|..|..}} template [ScoutJavadoc template] used in the wiki.

I think you can open a bug in the Scout Doc Component.

If we publish the Javadoc as HTML page, it will be published "as it is now". There is room for improvements and I think that we will be happy to get help in any form to improve the javadoc (bug, typo correction, patch proposal, ...). Let me know if you are interested.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JavaDoc for Scout ? [message #1058734 is a reply to message #1058730] Tue, 14 May 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andriy Fomenko is currently offline Andriy FomenkoFriend
Jeremie,

YES, that's exactly my point: if Scout core team would provide a relevant workflow in their CBI build and some kind of "as it is now" publishing site under eclipse site, it would be something highly usable for everyday purposes (like Oracle API docs for example).

By the way, even "as it is now" may be published with versioning (like 3.8 / 3.9 / etc..), but it is no reason to be overly-granular here...

I've opened a bug as you suggested: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=408052

Thanks,
Andriy F.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JavaDoc for Scout ? [message #1058781 is a reply to message #1058734] Wed, 15 May 2013 05:08 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks a lot, I will try to look into it.
Previous Topic:ThreadContext.get() / put()
Next Topic:Standalone scout project error at starting client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:36:39 GMT 2024