Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Report Key/Parameter/variable?
Report Key/Parameter/variable? [message #1058417] Tue, 14 May 2013 04:27 Go to next message
Richard R is currently offline Richard RFriend
I have built a report around a KEY ID or variable/parameter, the problem is I can't seem to get the report to use the KEY ID field from the initial data set in all of the other data sets to return the data I need.

I have created parameters in the hope that I could use this across the data sets within the report to pick up the data from the other data set tables...two of the parameters are visible via the parameter UI.

I basically want an id (the KEY ID) coming in through the initial data set to be used to return data from several other data sets...how can I do this?...making the KEY ID field a parameter doesn't appear to do what I want it to do, seemingly because although the KEY ID field is being captured it is not acting as a parameter across the report...I am new to BIRT am I missing something? hard coding the KEY ID into the data set Query replacing:[param:PBM_ID] allows the report to return the data I need - I need the parameter to work..any ideas? thanks
Re: Report Key/Parameter/variable? [message #1058771 is a reply to message #1058417] Wed, 15 May 2013 02:23 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Do you have a report item bound to the initial dataSet at the top of the report so that it runs before the others? How are you passing the KEY ID value from the initial dataSet to the other dataSets?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Sum of each bar in a bar chart
Next Topic:Birt 4.2.0 with Eclipse juno and Jboss 6.1.0 final
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:36:23 GMT 2024