Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with function breakpoints
Problem with function breakpoints [message #1058402] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:52
Elaine H is currently offline Elaine HFriend
I'm using Eclipse 4.2.2 and CDT 8.1.2. I'm trying to set a function breakpoint using the Add Function Breakpoint menu item in the Breakpoints View. The function I'm trying to set the breakpoint on is in the same file as main. The function breakpoint shows up as being set in the Breakpoints View but the bp command was never sent to gdb, and gdb has no knowledge of the bp. The console shows:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.dsf 4 10004 2013-04-30 17:28:47.327
!MESSAGE No debugger path for breakpoint
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb 4 10004 2013-04-30 17:28:47.327
!MESSAGE No debugger path for breakpoint

The processing seems to basically ignore the error and goes ahead and displays the breakpoint in the Breakpoints View even though the bp was never actually set. The bp command never gets sent to gdb because it is failing the check in MIBreakpointsManager::installBreakpoint for the breakpoint source handle/debugger path which never gets set when trying to set a function breakpoint this way. Is the source handle/debugger path really needed in this case? I edited the installBreakpoint method and skipped the source handle/debugger path check for function breakpoints and then everything worked fine - the bp gets correctly set by gdb, Eclipse has the correct information, and execution correctly breaks at the function. Is this a bug in CDT or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Previous Topic:newcomer problems in getting started
Next Topic:(MAC) Program "g++" not found in PATH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:36:54 GMT 2024