Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » AspectJ AOP config with JSP
AspectJ AOP config with JSP [message #1053662] Tue, 07 May 2013 08:05 Go to next message
Extreme Java is currently offline Extreme JavaFriend
I have configured AspectJ in my spring application. Since my app is a legacy app which is using JSP scriptlet code for server side processing.

The problem I am facing is that I want to invoke an @AfterThrowing Advice when an Exception occurs in the JSP scriptlet code.

My Advice method signature as of now is:
    @Aspect  
    public class NotificationAdvice {  

@AfterThrowing(pointcut = "execution(* com.app.OtherBeanIntf.doSomething(..))", throwing = "error")  
        public void logAfterThrowing(JoinPoint joinPoint, Throwable error) {

In the above code, OtherBeanIntf is another Java bean which is working fine with this logging advice. Now how do I configure this advice to work with JSP scriptlet code too?

Re: AspectJ AOP config with JSP [message #1053790 is a reply to message #1053662] Tue, 07 May 2013 15:33 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
Since JSPs are compiled separately from java classes, there are different things you need to do to weave them. Here is a tutorial that describes something that might work: http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/sample-code.html#j2ee-tomcat4-jsp (I haven't tried this myself).
Previous Topic:IllegalMonitorStateException using locks
Next Topic:ClassFormatException with AJDT and RAD 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:37:59 GMT 2024