Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Add version number to splash/loading screen/body.html(Question regarding ability to add the plugin version number to the loading screen)
Add version number to splash/loading screen/body.html [message #1052884] Wed, 01 May 2013 03:02 Go to next message
Chris Boerger is currently offline Chris BoergerFriend
I would like to put our logo, application name and version number of the application plugin on the loading screen.

So far I've been able to add the logo using the RAP FAQ, and hard coded the name and version number. I know the app name probably won't change anytime soon so that's pretty safe but I want the version number to be pulled directly from plugin instead of being hard coded since it will change frequently.

Is there an easy way to put information from the plugin onto the loading screen?
We are using RAP 2.0.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.
Re: Add version number to splash/loading screen/body.html [message #1053024 is a reply to message #1052884] Thu, 02 May 2013 05:56 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Chris,

The simple solution is to do this at build-time. There are a number of ways you could do this depending on your environment and build platform. If you're using Ant, Maven, or similar, you should be able to add a script to pull the version info from the plugin manifest. Another option would be to write a simple program or Ant script and then add it to your project as an external tool builder[1][2] which listens for changes to your plugin's manifest.

I can also think of a few ways to do it at runtime, for instance using AJAX in your body.html to load a servlet in your plugin that returns the bundle version. However you would probably be better off to just display the version within the RAP application itself.

[1]http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_external_tool_builder%3F
[2]http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/tutorials/os-eclipse-tools/

Hope that helps,

Cole Markham

Previous Topic:Tycho build with RAP 1.4.2
Next Topic:Combo - Enterable ListBox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:18:25 GMT 2024