Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » UI Template based code formatter(Code formatter to format code based on template(source file) )
icon3.gif  UI Template based code formatter [message #1052538] Tue, 30 April 2013 08:03 Go to next message
Jeetesh Chellani is currently offline Jeetesh ChellaniFriend
Existing code formatters are based on explicit rules addition/selection. For example for leaving a blank line after a conditional/loop block I would need to select that particular rule. This I feel is little cumbersome.
Instead I would really love to have a code formatter which can work on a template of actual source code file. It will have capability to derive rules from template and apply those to other source files which have to be formatted.
Does anyone if such a plugin is available? If not I am all in to develop such a code formatter plugin. Would anyone know of pre-reads before starting on Eclipse plugin development.
Re: UI Template based code formatter [message #1064116 is a reply to message #1052538] Mon, 17 June 2013 17:34 Go to previous message
W Dagnon is currently offline W DagnonFriend
Hello! Have you moved forward with creating a formatter that extracts rules based on example files? I'm just beginning with plugin development, but having something like that would really help my team! If not, how can I contribute?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:How to determine whether the resouce/file is opened by some editor
Next Topic:How to fix updates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:03:42 GMT 2024