Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard
Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard [message #1050922] Sun, 28 April 2013 00:40 Go to next message
nari noori is currently offline nari nooriFriend
Hi,

i have made my own custom dashboard (with jsp) and with WebViewerExample.

On the dashboard i show different birt reports (charts) within different iframes. I cache the reports (by using frameset servlet and rptdocument), as they dont change for around 24 hours.

This is what i do:

1-call the frameset servlet with __document param to create the rptdocument:
frameset?
__toolbar=false&__navigationbar=false&__document=myreport1.rptdocument&__report=myreport1.rptdesign
2-whenever my dashboard is called the report is now cached from myreport1.rptdocument

But what i have experienced is that the frameset-servlet is very slow (uses 3-6 seconds to show the result).
If i use the preview-servlet with the __document parameter it shows it under a second. A lot quicker.

This is what i want:

1-check if rptdocument for dashboard-report does exist.

1.1 if rptdocument not exists call frameset servlet:
frameset__toolbar=false&__navigationbar=false&__document=myreport1.rptdocument&__report=myreport1.rptdesign

1.2 if rptdocument exists call preview servlet:
preview?__document=myreport1.rptdocument

But the problem is that the preview-servlet does not generate a rptdocument, it can only show a report. Is there a smart way that i in my dashboard
check if a rptdocument exists, if not call the frameset servlet to generete the rptdocument. And the next time always call the preview-servlet ?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2013 00:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard [message #1053868 is a reply to message #1050922] Wed, 08 May 2013 02:38 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It would seem that you could easily check the location to determine whether you have a rptdocument or not. Have you solved this issue?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:BIRT with Ruby on Rails
Next Topic:Invalid bound column name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:28:38 GMT 2024