Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "Error: Can't find main class" after clone(can't run project after cloning it)
"Error: Can't find main class" after clone [message #1050587] Sat, 27 April 2013 12:11 Go to next message
lorenzo tognalini is currently offline lorenzo tognaliniFriend
I just created a repo on github, and achieved to push an existing project from eclispe egit.

Then i cloned it on other platforms ( both macosx and win ), and everything seems perfect, i can see a java project, execute tam command and code and eventually see warnings/errors. But as I try to run i recive

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mypackage/MyClass
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mypackage/MyClass
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

the elcipse error log says
eclipse.buildId=M20130204-1200
java.version=1.6.0_43
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jalone/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -data /Users/jalone/programmazione/java/workspace2 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jalone/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Fri Apr 26 17:04:32 CEST 2013
The project description file (.project) for 'TheNameOfTheProject' is missing.  This file contains important information about the project.  The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

i belive there must something to do with classpath file or env var, but the file is present as well as .project and .setting either on remote and in local.

Any idea? thank you.
Re: "Error: Can't find main class" after clone [message #1053805 is a reply to message #1050587] Tue, 07 May 2013 16:13 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
If you create an identical project on the other platforms, is there any difference to the cloned project?

What do you mean with " execute tam command and code and eventually see warnings/errors"?
Previous Topic:Team -> show Annotations is always disabled
Next Topic:IOException while merging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:35:21 GMT 2024