Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WB in Ubuntu 12.04 Installation... incomplete?(Appears installed but can't use it though.)
WB in Ubuntu 12.04 Installation... incomplete? [message #1046572] Mon, 22 April 2013 04:48 Go to next message
Julián Grisales is currently offline Julián GrisalesFriend
Hello,
I'm running Eclipse 32 bit version with Oracle Java SDK also 32 bit version in my Ubuntu 12.04 with 64 bits architecture. I decided to proceed this way because of some compatibility problem I've encountered with some applications i developed under Win7 (also 64 bit).

Recently I decided to migrate to my Ubuntu distribution and I was upgrading my usual set of IDE's, when i was installing WindowBuilder on eclipse, following the same method i used in win7, there appear to be some problems installing it, so i run Eclipse as root and completed the WB install without any problem. But after restart i can't create a new WB project, or even open an old GUI class in WB Editor. Checking in Window -> Preferences -> UI Toolkits appears to be installed GWT, Swing, SWT and XWT, why they aren't working?

I've tried running the Eclipse IDE as root, as user, with my knees, standing upside/down with my head and while pealing a potato... nothing works. I installed the eclipse simply by uncompressing it in /usr/local/eclipse folder, should i have do something else?

I would appreciate any help here, my best regards Smile

PS: English is not my natal language, I might have committed some ton of errors, i hope you could understand my query here.
Re: WB in Ubuntu 12.04 Installation... incomplete? [message #1047175 is a reply to message #1046572] Mon, 22 April 2013 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I would suggest doing a full install into a clean copy of Eclipse using the latest build from the WindowBuilder download page.
Re: WB in Ubuntu 12.04 Installation... incomplete? [message #1047273 is a reply to message #1047175] Tue, 23 April 2013 01:53 Go to previous message
Julián Grisales is currently offline Julián GrisalesFriend
I tried a full install into a clean copy of eclipse, as you suggested Eric, this time I installed it from the zipped version (not the update site), it's working fine now.

Thank you very much!

Edit: I had to run the Eclipse as root to get to install it, otherwise the same error as before.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2013 01:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:can't open design view
Next Topic:GridLayout Problems after Juno SP2 Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:31:30 GMT 2024