Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Deployment Problem - Urgent help!(Deployment of the Process is getting Failed. Tried a lot of things but no solutions)
Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044215] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:15 Go to next message
Kunal Suri is currently offline Kunal SuriFriend

Please Help!

I am trying to use and test Stardust for creating and running a Synthetic business process for my experimentation on getting the various monitoring data.

I followed the Tutorials and tried to create a simple business process for Vactaion approval having 3 steps.

I ran the BP in debug mode and it was running.

Once I tried to deploy the process its giving 404 response from tomcat and as per the documentation its not even asking for the password or id 'motu'

This is similar to the Thread - CarnotUserService problem [message #856118]
But I dint find any proper solution through it.

Please help as I need to complete my experiments ASAP.

Regards,
Kunal
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044220 is a reply to message #1044215] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi Kunal,

the 404 error basically means that the Stardust application and/or the application server are not running properly.

How did you deploy the Stardust application? Did you use a "Rapid Application" (
RAD) Web Projekt and deploy it on a local Tomcat server?
If so, please check the console output from the server startup. Do you see any errors there?

Jan
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044238 is a reply to message #1044220] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I am not able to post the error code as the Forum says following :

'You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages.'
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044239 is a reply to message #1044238] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Is there any other way to post the error code ?
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044240 is a reply to message #1044239] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Please Ignore
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044241 is a reply to message #1044240] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Please Ignore
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044242 is a reply to message #1044241] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, I think I used the RAD of Stardust and created the dymamic web project as per the documentation.

I did deploy the project on Local tomcat.... and then went to the outline and right clicked to DEPLOY MODEL and it fails Sad

This is one of the Error while running the Tomcat:

'18:20:58 ERROR [main ] ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource] for bean with name 'carnotXaAuditTrailDataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/config/ipp/spring/stardust-spring-context.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1250)'

And this is the error when I am deploying the Process.

'18:37:42 WARN [main ] ModelDeploymentTool -
org.springframework.remoting.RemoteConnectFailureException: Could not connect to HTTP invoker remote service at [http://localhost:8080/Support-Case-Home/remoting/CarnotUserService]; nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.convertHttpInvokerAccessException(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:203)'
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1044951 is a reply to message #1044242] Fri, 19 April 2013 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi Kunal,

as part of the local Tomcat setup there's a step to open the server's properties editor and at the bottom you can create an "AuditTrail" DB for Derby.
Did you execute this step?

As part of the AuditTrail creation, Stardust copies a few JARs into the <tomcat-install-dir>/lib/ directory (e.g. derby.jar, derby-client.jar).

My assumption is that either you simply missed the step regarding the setup of the AuditTrail DB in the server properties ... or when you did, the copying of the JARs failed (please check the lib/ directory in your Tomcat installation), maybe due to directory security settings?

If the JARs are missing, you can also copy them manually into the lib/ folder.

Regards,

Jan
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1047734 is a reply to message #1044951] Tue, 23 April 2013 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Jan,

Yes I cannot see any Derby jars in my Tomcat.

Could you please mention the place where I can find all the Jars and How many jars are there that I need to add to the tomcat Lib ?

Thanks,
Kunal
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1047749 is a reply to message #1047734] Tue, 23 April 2013 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

I copied the type of *derby.jar, derby*.jar in my Tomcat Lib but still its showing the same error:

17:36:03 WARN [main ] ModelDeploymentTool -
org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [http://localhost:8080/Support-Case-Home/remoting/CarnotUserService]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Did not receive successful HTTP response: status code = 404, status message = [Not Found]
at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.convertHttpInvokerAccessException(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:212)
at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.invoke(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:145)

--> Do I need to change any other settings?
The properties of my Tomcat shows that I am running it from Location: [workspace metadata], I even tried to switch location but same error Sad

Please help!

Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1047752 is a reply to message #1047749] Tue, 23 April 2013 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just to add.. After adding those Jar files, I can see this new comment in the console when the Tomcat starts:

INFO: Initialization processed in 635 ms
Derby JDBC driver loaded successfully
Apr 23, 2013 5:48:21 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina

But their is still one unusual output which is like:

INFO: The listener "com.icesoft.faces.util.event.servlet.ContextEventRepeater" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:336)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.listener.ViewerServletContextListener.contextInitialized(ViewerServletContextListener.java:62)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4205)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4704)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)

17:48:24 INFO [main ] FacesConfigurator - Reading standard config org/apache/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
17:48:24 INFO [main ] FacesConfigurator - Reading config jar:file:/C:/Users/ksuri/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp1/wtpwebapps/Support-Case-Easy/WEB-INF/lib/icefaces-comps.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
17:48:42 INFO [main ] RepositoryAccessServlet - RepositoryAccessServlet initialized.
17:48:42 INFO [main ] SimpleWebdavServlet - resource-path-prefix = '/jackrabbit/repository'
17:48:42 INFO [main ] SimpleWebdavServlet - WWW-Authenticate header = 'Basic realm="Jackrabbit Webdav Server"'
Apr 23, 2013 5:48:43 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Apr 23, 2013 5:48:43 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Apr 23, 2013 5:48:43 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/27 config=null
Apr 23, 2013 5:48:43 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 22068 ms
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1048426 is a reply to message #1047752] Wed, 24 April 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK.

Thanks a lot. I got my error.

First of all there was problem in installation of BRIT Framework Sad

Second, The Derby.jar files were not copyied.

I re-did everything and now the deployment is happening Smile yeahhh!!

Actually switching between Eclipse and IPP documented is quite wierd Sad

Could you please tell me the link of how to start and access the Portal ? I am not able to find it as of now.

Thanks,
Kunal
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1049054 is a reply to message #1048426] Thu, 25 April 2013 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Just wanted to update that today I just figured out by trail and error, how to open the Admin Console. Smile

Thanks!

Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1695604 is a reply to message #1049054] Sun, 17 May 2015 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haseeb hassan is currently offline haseeb hassanFriend
Hi

I am also facing the same problem. I could not understand your solution.
Did you just moved derby jars to Tomcat lib

Regards
Re: Deployment Problem - Urgent help! [message #1695725 is a reply to message #1695604] Mon, 18 May 2015 16:09 Go to previous message
Simone Seurer is currently offline Simone SeurerFriend
Hi Haseeb Hassan,

can you please be more specific what your problem is?

In the mean time I would suggest to try our support-case tutorial in our documentation (or with the cheat sheets).

Keep in mind that while creation of the dynamic web project you wait until the validation of eclipse is finished. Otherwise the creation of the project can go wrong. Maybe this is what happened.

Simone
Previous Topic:How to capture at activity exception thrown by camel producer route
Next Topic:Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:08:09 GMT 2024