Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » semantic highlighting stops working after rename-refactor
semantic highlighting stops working after rename-refactor [message #1039207] Thu, 11 April 2013 22:43
Brad Riching is currently offline Brad RichingFriend
I have a language that supports identifiers with spaces and dashes. I've set up a datatype rule to accommodate chained ID's spanning whitespace and the dash character '-'. I've implemented my own value converter which trims any whitespace at the boundaries of the chained ID, so the only possible whitespace may exist inside the chained ID. My validator flags errors with any whitespace tokens other than spaces inside the chained ID.

Everything seems to be implemented correctly, and refactoring works perfectly. Crosslinks resolve perfectly, even with spaces in the identifiers! I am simply amazed at the flexibility of Xtext after getting this to work!

However, once I perform a refactor and end up renaming the item to the same thing it was before, I lose ALL syntax coloring in the IDE that was present before the first refactored name, AND after the last refactored name. If I rename it to something different, everything is fine.

Do I need to trigger something to get the syntax coloring back? If I close the document and reopen it, all of the syntax coloring is restored as it should be. What does the refactoring operation do that is removing the highlighting?

[Updated on: Thu, 11 April 2013 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:create a project
Next Topic:Highlight After Auto-Correct
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:07:56 GMT 2024