Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire?
Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire? [message #1039050] Thu, 11 April 2013 17:32 Go to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
In an effort to ensure that we as a project are effectively reaching out to potential adopters, please reply to this short informal survey if you are an existing adopter of Sapphire (even if you haven't shipped anything yet).

Q: How did you first hear about Sapphire?

Re: Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire? [message #1039072 is a reply to message #1039050] Thu, 11 April 2013 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshua Spaulding is currently offline Joshua SpauldingFriend
I heard about Sapphire after looking into developing a multiple page editor. This post on stackoverflow recommended Sapphire. I also found this youtube video which got me interested. I reached out to Nepomuk and he was nice enough to get me started.

Thanks.
Re: Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire? [message #1039298 is a reply to message #1039072] Fri, 12 April 2013 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
I saw some really nice, uniform looking editors in a particular Eclispe based product. So since I know where to look for such an editor, I cracked open the jar Smile, and saw org.eclipse.sapphire dependencies, so I googled it, and have since built 4 editors on sapphire (with probably 4 more planned).
Re: Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire? [message #1039544 is a reply to message #1039298] Fri, 12 April 2013 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Beaumont is currently offline Etienne BeaumontFriend
I used to have an EMF based editor, but as I'm not a professional oop programmer, I was having hard time matching all the requirements. I fount Sapphire as I was browsing the eclipse website, trying to debug my first editor. I trashed this one and made a v2 with sapphire, way better in less time.
Re: Survey : How did you first hear about Sapphire? [message #1041848 is a reply to message #1039544] Mon, 15 April 2013 16:58 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond so far. If you haven't responded yet, do consider taking a few minutes to write a few sentences. Your responses will help us understand how to better promote Sapphire to other potential adopters.
Previous Topic:How to set Property Editor for password field
Next Topic:Sapphire for a "viewer" application: two questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:36:30 GMT 2024