Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Horizontal layout with fixed width(I can't manage to mix fixed widths and extensible ones)
Horizontal layout with fixed width [message #1038923] Thu, 11 April 2013 14:09 Go to next message
Etienne Beaumont is currently offline Etienne BeaumontFriend
Hello everybody,

I have a requirement that asks me to display four property in a row.
The four property are MinBoundKind, MinBound, MaxBound, MaxBoundKind. All together, they define a range. MinBoundKind and MaxBoundKind are just "included" or "excluded", with labels "[" and "]".
The user wants me to display the range with like this

index.php/fa/14332/0/

I can do it with a splitform, but I don't want the "[" and "]" combos to resize when I resize my editor, as it would use excessive screen real estate for a single sign, or make the sign unreadable without any real space gain.

After a quick look at the SplitFormPart class, splitform uses a swt sashform, and sashform columns can't have min/max widths.
In the non sapphire version of the tool I'm refactoring, I've used a simple gridlayout with grabExcessHorizontalSpace property to true or false.

Do you think that I can meet this requirement with the current versions of Sapphire ? If not, do you have advises about how I could add the functionality ? Should I extend SapphirePartContainer ?

Thank you all Smile

Etienne
  • Attachment: bounds.png
    (Size: 2.41KB, Downloaded 552 times)
Re: Horizontal layout with fixed width [message #1039018 is a reply to message #1038923] Thu, 11 April 2013 16:29 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
There is no existing facility in Sapphire to have an equivalent of a split form, but with fixed width columns. My recommendation would be to see if you can figure out how to patch the existing SplitFormPart class to accomplish this. SWT sash form may not have direct means to acomplish this, but there may still be ways to do this with various layout tricks and/or resize listeners. If you are successful in your experimentation, we can incorporate the patch into the next 0.6.x release (it's minor enough of an enhancement).

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:DerivedValueService not working
Next Topic:ReferenceValues with disposed/deleted referenced elements?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:59:17 GMT 2024