Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Missing pieces with xtext and eugenia(XText, Eugenia, GMF)
Missing pieces with xtext and eugenia [message #1038875] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:09 Go to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hello folks

Well, since I already buried a post and this seems to be a half-big post I thought I should make a new thread instead.
(Still trying to get some forum-experience so I know when to make a new thread or continue in one Smile)

I was following the step-by-step guide for using Eugenia on a new XText project in the following here by Dimitris Kolovos.

The thing is I only get to step 4 and then it crashes so I was wondering if I could get some help in figuring out where I am going wrong.

First off, step 3, "Annote MyDsl.ecore" does that mean "notice the file that is placed here" or do you do something on this step?
If so this might be my error because I don't do anything here.

Claudio thought it might be erroneous annotation but since I haven't really named anything and only used defaults I thought I might have missed something on step 3.

The errors I get is:

Method 'getContainmentReferences' not found (bundleresource://614.fwk161007621/transformations/ECore2GMF.eol@189:38)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation(PointExecutor.java:167)
Method 'getAnnotationValue' not found (bundleresource://614.fwk161007621/transformations/FixGMFGen.eol@13:33)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation(PointExecutor.java:167)
Method 'getContainmentReferences' not found (bundleresource://614.fwk161007621/transformations/ECore2GMF.eol@189:38)

And I seem unable to get around them.
What I have done is download this epsilon-eclipse and I don't think I have installed anything else into eclipse, the picture shows what I have installed.
Created a new XText project with defaults.
Gone to the mwe2 file and ran it as a mwe2 workflow.
Tried to generate tool, graph and map models without any luck.

So I was just wondering if I am missing an installation or something?

Have a nice day

Write you later / Mårten

-----------EDIT-----------
Remade the test again and only got one of the error messages but I added a file with the complete error code in case it helps.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 April 2013 13:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Missing pieces with xtext and eugenia [message #1038887 is a reply to message #1038875] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Heeg is currently offline Claudio HeegFriend
Hello Mårten,

annotating the Ecore model means just that, putting annotations in the model for Eugenia to know how to create the visualisation.
What might help you with getting those annotations right is Emfatic ([1]) to easier manipulate the Ecore model.
Emfatic allows you create an .emf-File from that model which you can easily edit and annotate.

The corresponding .emf-File, complete with annotations for this simple example, should look as follows:
@namespace(uri="http://www.xtext.org/example/mydsl/MyDsl", prefix="myDsl")
package myDsl;

@gmf.diagram
class Model {
  val Greeting[*] greetings;
}

@gmf.node(label="name")
class Greeting {
  attr String name;
}

From that you can, from the .emf's context menu, generate an updated Ecore-Model-File and from there keep on following Dimitris' guide.

I hope this helps and nice afternoon to you.

--
[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Emfatic
Re: Missing pieces with xtext and eugenia [message #1038903 is a reply to message #1038887] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:48 Go to previous message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hello Claudio

You keep on throwing good answers my way Smile
It works and now to start fiddle with it and learn how to make it look the way I want before I insert my own grammar.

Thanks again!

Write you later / Mårten
Previous Topic:EVL
Next Topic:[ETL] running ETL from Xtext validation process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:59:44 GMT 2024