Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT not pulling data during report preview even though the connection to DB says it is working
BIRT not pulling data during report preview even though the connection to DB says it is working [message #1038326] Wed, 10 April 2013 18:37 Go to next message
Matt Storm is currently offline Matt StormFriend
I use the Troux Enterprise Architecture tool and its analytics are built from BIRT reports. The back end database for Troux is SQL Server 2005. I just got the BIRT data source to connect to the SQL DB. My next move was to open a report that is already made and working in Troux and open it in BIRT. I saved the rptdesign file and opened it up in BIRT. It opens with the Troux theme like it should, but when I preview the report it times out and says there is no connection with the database, but when I go to the data source and test the connection it says it is working. I am really confused by this and unsure of my next steps.

I am using BIRT 2.5.0.v20090402-34-7w311A1728

I can provide more details and/or screens if need be. Please help. Thanks!
Re: BIRT not pulling data during report preview even though the connection to DB says it is working [message #1041111 is a reply to message #1038326] Sun, 14 April 2013 16:37 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach your report design? Does your driver show up in the driver list? Also, can you post the entire error stack? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Birt 3.7.1 and FireFox 17 support
Next Topic:sorting of numeric data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:25:34 GMT 2024